Pancreatitis is a pancreatic disease of an inflammatory nature, the cause of which is the violation rate and amount of outflow of juice and other enzymes responsible for digestion that produces pancreas into the duodenum.
This disease affects the vascular system, can cause inflammation and gallstones and even cause death. It is therefore important to provide proper treatment in the presence of the diagnosis and to adhere to a special diet that the disease has not worsened and has not progressed further.
Nutrition in pancreatitis in acute
Often, in the acute phase of the disease, the patient gets to the hospital, where he first washed stomach. Always, no matter where you are: at home or in a hospital setting, in the first few days, it is forbidden to eat any food, i.e., 2-3 days you can only drink water, non-carbonated purified, or alkaline mineral water (previously need to release the gas), called this stage of treatment – the zero diet.
The daily amount of water should be no more than 1.5 liters (5-7 cups). If, however, zero diet extend for a longer period, starting from the fourth day, intravenously injecting various nutrients and from the sixth-seventh day, allowed the introduction of liquid food through a tube into the intestine.
Once the symptoms are muted, and the General condition of the patient improves, gradually in the diet are certain foods and drinks: porridge made with water, unsweetened fruit drinks, jelly; soups.
Food can be consumed in the form of heat, absolutely not hot or cold, it should be prepared without added vegetable or animal fat contain, less protein, and the consistency should be liquid or semi-liquid, with minimal calories.
When the health and condition of the patient stabiliziruemost, you can expand your diet to vegetables, lean meats, fish, potatoes boiled or vapor form, grind to puree state, this stage of disease is no longer required.
The principles of nutrition with acute pancreatitis and immediately after it:
- fractional, frequent meals, 5 to 7 times a day;
- small portion size;
- eliminate alcohol, spices, sauces, oils, fried and dairy products;
- to limit the baking and salt;
- can a small amount yesterday, and better yesterday, dried bread.
And also, the body requires competent medical support for the early recovery of common power and functionality of the pancreas.
Diet for pancreatitis what you can and can't eat
Of course, in the presence of pancreatitis, a kind of a diet should be followed always, but the truth is, few of us ever do, because all are human, and sometimes patients allow themselves to violate the rules of the diet. Most importantly, observe the correct and diet the first 2-3 months, what would pancreatic strengthened and became the usual mode of operation.
What can I eat with pancreatitis:
- Lean meat (rabbit, chicken, veal) meatballs, meatballs, meatballs, meat souffle.
- Lean fish (perch, Pollock, cod, pike) steamed in pure form or in the form of steam cutlets.
- Cereals, prepared with water or milk with water in proportion 1:1 (buckwheat, semolina, oatmeal, rice) and other cereals is better to abstain, or to cook them rare.
- Pasta durum, 1-2 times a week with the addition of vegetable oil, better olive oil.
- Fermented baked milk, cheese, yogurt, yogurt with a low percentage of fat, but not fat-free, you lazy dumplings, cheese cakes or casseroles.
- Quality cheese with a fat content of up to 50%, in the amount of 30-40 grams per day.
- Eggs once every 7-10 days, in the form of scrambled or cooked soft-boiled.
- Vegetables as purees, soups, casseroles, potatoes, zucchini, beets, cauliflower, pumpkin, carrot, green peas, cucumbers, tomatoes and cabbage in limited quantities.
- Fruit in mashed potatoes, kissels, compotes: strawberry, avocado, apricots, sweet apples, pineapple; watermelon and melon in a minimum amount.
- White, dried bread, dry biscuits.
- Sweets, desserts: jelly homemade (not from the store in bags), marshmallows without chocolate half every 2-3 days.
- Water, broth hips, unsweetened and weak tea.
What not to eat with pancreatitis:
- Fatty meats: lamb, goose, pork, duck, especially roasted (barbecue, burgers, etc.), canned food, sausages, canned meat, rich broth.
- Fatty fish: sturgeon, mackerel, salmon, herring, catfish, smoked fish, caviar, canned fish.
- Fat cottage cheese, glazed cheese, sweet cheese, sharp or smoked cheeses.
- Eggs hard-boiled, scrambled eggs.
- Vegetables: radish, raw onion, garlic, radish, beans, legumes, sweet pepper, sorrel, spinach, lettuce. Mushrooms is forbidden to consume in any form.
- Fruits: citrus, berries, contain a large amount of acid, such as cranberries, lingonberries, and sweet and hard to digest, such as figs, grapes, bananas, dates.
- Sweets: chocolate, biscuits, ice cream, any nuts, coconut milk.
- Drinks: coffee, strong tea, aerated water, kvass.
Strictly prohibited the use of any alcohol, as even the most insignificant of his admission, can cause relapse and aggravation of the pancreas.
Menu for pancreatitis
Everyone is familiar with the phrase – "the Best friends of the liver, stomach, pancreas – COLD, HUNGER and PEACE", so it is important to get up from the table with a slight feeling of hunger, eat a portion that can fit in the palm of your hand and keep the emotional peace of mind, then the course of disease will be easier and will be followed by speedy recovery.
Diet for pancreatitis, not as bad as we present it, it can be quite varied, tasty, and most importantly, useful and safe. We invite you to read it.
Sample menu for each day
The first day
- Breakfast: an omelette from one egg, weak tea with bread;
- Snack: 2-3 biscuits with cheese;
- Lunch: 150 grams of buckwheat cereal (ready-made), zucchini, boiled or baked without spices and butter, 100-150 grams of cottage cheese with fat content up to 9%;
- Snack: grated, sweet Apple, either baked in the oven;
- Dinner: oatmeal on the water 150-200 grams salad of shredded beets (you can add boiled carrots).
The second day
- Breakfast: 200 grams of cottage cheese with tea or compote;
- Snack: salad of boiled green peas and carrots, seasoned with a few drops of vegetable oil;
- Lunch: 200 grams of boiled beef in its own juice without oil tomato, bread 1-2 slices, 150 grams of oatmeal in water;
- Snack: 250 ml jelly of the allowed berries/fruit with a minimum amount of sugar;
- Dinner: vegetable soup without meat 300 -400 grams, a Cup of low-fat yogurt or sour milk without additives and sweeteners.
The third day
- Breakfast: 150 grams of rice porridge with milk, 2 toast;
- Snack: one baked Apple with cottage cheese;
- Lunch: 300 ml soup on chicken broth with meat, a little bread, baked or boiled vegetable;
- Snack: 2 pieces dried apricots / jelly or yogurt (150-200 ml);
- Dinner: carrot puree in the amount of 150 grams, one medium chicken for a couple.
The fourth day
- Breakfast: a serving of cheese pie or 2 pancakes of cottage cheese without eggs and butter, tea or broth hips with sugar;
- Snack: 30 grams of hard cheese;
- Lunch: soup in meat broth with cereals or noodles, a slice of bread, chicken or piece of meat for a couple;
- Snack: fruit jelly 150-200 grams;
- Dinner: 150 grams mashed potatoes without butter, 200 grams of fish, steamed 1-2 inflorescences boiled cauliflower.
The fifth day
- Breakfast: chicken steamed 150 grams grated, boiled beets, tea
- Snack: a glass of water without gas, 2 rusks or biscuits;
- Lunch: vegetable broth, buckwheat porridge 100 grams, 100 grams of boiled chicken, bread;
- Snack: one glass of natural yogurt;
- Dinner: pasta durum 200 grams, the same amount of salad of boiled peas, beets, carrots dressed with a few drops of olive oil, half marshmallow.
The sixth day
- Breakfast: baked pumpkin with half a teaspoon of honey, a Cup of yogurt, bread;
- Snack: 100 grams cottage cheese;
- Lunch: souffle of rice and chicken baked in the oven, a portion should be no more than 300 grams, steam the squash, broth hips.
- Snack: baked pear or Apple / jelly from fruit;
- Dinner: oatmeal on the water 200 grams, 100 grams of boiled veal, tea with a spoon of milk, 1 dried apricots.
The seventh day
- Breakfast: semolina with milk – 200 ml, sweet compote with bread;
- Snack: applesauce/ cottage cheese pudding – 100 grams;
- Lunch: vegetable soup 200 grams, 1-2 steam fish cutlets, a glass of yogurt;
- Snack: jelly or jelly from the berries, fruits, some glass;
- Dinner: chicken soup with potatoes and carrots -250-300 ml, a slice of bread, 1 boiled beets, weak tea.
The vegetables and the meat to stew in its own juice without adding oil, use such food is recommended, no earlier than 1.5 months after the period of exacerbation of the pancreas. In agreement with the doctor, you can introduce new products and expand the diet of other interesting dishes.
Stick to a balanced diet, with a proper combination of protein and carbohydrates, do not overeat and drink plenty of pure, still water. These simple rules will help to maintain the function of the pancreas will allow the disease to progress further and will serve as a good prevention and a healthy habit for the rest of the family.