Tighten the muscles of the abdomen, thighs and other problem areas, improve flexibility, strengthen the immune system and the beneficial yoga exercises for weight loss, especially beginners in this field. A significant reduction in mass observed in the first weeks after the start of the training. In addition to the stabilization of the physical condition classes helps to achieve emotional balance. Last not least, because the emotional component also influences the process of weight reduction. Read more about what yoga exercises for weight loss to accomplish and how to do it, you will learn from the information below.
The benefits of yoga for figures
Classes help to solve several problems related to overweight. The main benefit lies in the waste of large amounts of calories. The number depends on repetitions and approaches. Answering the question, what are the benefits of yoga, in addition to the waste of energy can be noted:
- stimulation of metabolic processes;
- the enhancement of skin elasticity;
- reduction of cellulite and stretch marks;
- developing the habit to eat right;
- the improvement of the digestive system;
- increased flexibility;
- normalization of the thyroid gland, which produces the necessary to fat-burning hormones;
- warming the muscles, due to which faster burn fat;
- relaxation and improved mood.
How to do yoga for weight loss
Before you proceed to the actual training, you need to learn some important recommendations. They concern the time and duration of your training equipment and clothing. You can do in the morning instead of charging. If at this time you do not have time, carry workout at 7-8 PM. The main condition is to practice regularly. The only way you will be able to achieve the result. Yoga for weight loss at home is not suitable for women during menstruation. It is better to skip the first three days, and after that to return to training. Other recommendations for training:
- Clothing. Easier to perform asanas in a loose tracksuit. Lightweight knit material is also nice. Sneakers and shoes for classes are required. You can train barefoot or in socks.
- Inventory. You can only get a special rug or a yoga Mat. No extra classes will be the belt and the support block.
- The warm-up. Before exercise it is important to prepare. It can be light stretching or some simple squats.
- Time. Perform the asanas better two hours after food or on an empty stomach. Start with a few minutes a day, gradually increasing the duration to 1-1.5 hours.
For waist and abdomen
One of the most problematic areas for many women is the stomach. It can be too round. In this case, there are several effective exercises, the result will be visible after 1-2 weeks. Before necessarily have to do workout. Yoga for weight loss belly involves the performance of exercises with a fix within minutes. Approaches must be at least 2. More effective to create a flat stomach position:
- Uttanasana. Stand up straight, exhale, raise the arms, stretching the spine, then slowly bend down to your feet, as if folding in half. To lock the position, then inhale gently return to the starting position.
- Boat. For this you need to sit on a Mat, straighten your legs, then begin to raise them at the same time rejecting the back about 60 degrees. Socks should be at eye level and the hands to be outstretched parallel to the floor.
- Staff or lower stop. This asana resembles a regular bar. To do this, take the emphasis lying down, lean on the elbows, hands and toes, stretch out in a straight line. After fixing the position can be smoothly out of the asanas.
For weight loss
Any yoga for weight loss is very effective. Each view is aimed at the elaboration of muscles in a certain way. You can choose one of the following methods of yoga:
- Ashtanga– a fast change of position in sequence with observance of the breath;
- respiratory– complex development of breathing that bring harmony to your body
- Kundalini– in addition to the asana involves cleaning the chakras by means of meditation and singing;
- power – designed for sturdy, more like a combination of Ashtanga and aerobics;
- hot– represented by a combination of 26 positions which succeed each other in conditions of high air temperature.
For legs and thighs
Exercises help to cope with all problem areas, including hips. In addition to reducing their volume it great influences on the domestic side. This is the area most difficult for training. Without developing the inner part of the thighs becomes flabby. In addition, there is cellulite. Yoga for weight loss legs and thighs is very effective. The most effective are the following asanas:
- Chair. Stand up straight, feet to put next. Inhaling, gradually raise the arms up, clasped his palms together. On the exhale, carefully sit down, but not to a right angle at the knees. Then slowly return to the starting position.
- Bridge. Take a laying position on the floor with legs bent. On the exhale lift your pelvis so that the angle in knees is 90 degrees. Buttocks to draw, but the hands and neck strain. A moment later, fixing the position of the hips can be lowered to the floor.
- The warrior pose. You must perform a forward lunge on each leg to lock in this position and exhale to straighten arms up, clasped their hands to each other. Gradually return to a standing position.
There are yoga exercises for weight loss hands. Some are complex, so proceed with such asanas better immediately, but after some time of regular training. Yoga for weight loss of the hands represented by the following exercises:
- Kumbhakaran. Make the classic plank position, with emphasis on the elbows, but palms joined together, and not be parallel. The press should be involved. This position you need to hold 10 to 30 seconds.
- Dandasana. To focus on hands, keeping your elbows to the torso, and toes. Chest to drop as you lower to the floor. Hold the position for 10 to 30 seconds.
Asanas for weight loss
One can not answer the question of what kind of yoga will be more effective for weight loss. A specific type is selected based on several criteria. One of them is that focused on yoga exercises for weight loss. It is important and what problem area they are corrected. Generally are different kinds and poses:
- Hatha yoga. The most popular destination, giving rise to all the other varieties of this Indian culture. The practice focuses on the ability to keep balance, focus, relaxation and proper breathing. Especially useful for problems with joints and spine.
- Iyengar. A feature of this variant is a static implementation of a complex of exercises for weight loss supports. In this case even tense up those muscles that are rarely involved in the normal movements.
- Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga. This species is an asanas that flow into each other with ligaments. All activity takes place almost nonstop. Such training close to pursuits cardio, so it trains not only the muscles but also breathing.
Do the same poses for weight loss divided according to the type of load and the position. Inverted poses also help strengthen the muscles of the neck and back, to work out the abdominal cavity. The slopes are designed to improve flexibility. To end lesson can relaxation that soothes the mind and body.
A standard practice begins with a warm-up for 5-10 minutes, after which you can perform the asana on the twist. They help to cleanse the kidneys and liver, stimulate digestion and metabolism. These include:
- Bharadvajasana. You need to sit down, tucked his feet under him, then slightly lean to the left thigh. To turn to the left and left hand to catch the back of his right elbow, the palm of which must lie on the left hip. To stay in position for 30 seconds.
- The posture of the sage. Provision must be made for side slats. If you rely on the right arm, then your left foot need to put yourself ahead. Then, push the pelvis up and the other hand to pull downward.
Increase concentration, strengthen muscles, hips, back, abdomen and shoulders, strengthens the balance – so the effect of standing asanas, including the Crescent, a mountain or a triangle. Some exercises also help to improve digestion, stretch the body. Such asanas are the most effective:
- Pose of the mountain. Stand up straight, hands placed along the body, turning your palms to face forward. The tailbone to draw, to stretch the muscles of the buttocks, trying to reach for the sky and then a few breaths to relax.
- Triangle. You need to stand straight with legs apart wider than shoulder width, arms straighten to the sides. Next lean to the right or left, keeping the hand position.
Stimulate the abdominal organs help inverted asanas. They also affect the thyroid gland. Program your workouts should include poses, which are very effective are:
- The plow pose. Lying on your back, breathe in, hold your breath and raise the straight leg vertically. Then gradually make them behind your head, lifting your hips and chest off the floor. Remain in that position indefinitely.
- The pose of the fish. Also lie on your back, hands put under the buttocks. Next, bend your chest, throwing back his head. Hold the position for 15 breaths.
The following asanas can be done seated or standing. The slopes are working on certain areas of the body depending on the type of exercise. In General they improve the body flexibility, stretch tendons, strengthen muscles and reduce the impact of stress on the body. Of these Asanov is to perform:
- Tilt forward. You just need to stand straight, then bend over, trying to bend almost in half and clutching his legs.
- The dog, looking down. Get on all fours, legs spread shoulder-width apart, then bend over and stretch your hands to the floor. Next, gradually transfer weight to the forefoot. Straighten your legs and buttocks to raise up, to stay on 1-3 minutes.
For flexibility and stretching
Asanas for stretching help to relax physically and mentally, to relieve stress. They play the role of hitch, because any exercise you can't end abruptly. Of these exercises you can perform:
- Balasana. Get on all fours, knees together, sit on heels. Then put the torso on the hips and the hands to pull back. The forehead should touch the floor. Close your eyes and stay like this for a couple of minutes.
- Savasana. The most comfortable and easy position. You just need to lie down, stretch your arms and legs, relax them. You can relax about 15 minutes.
The emphasis of power yoga is done just on burning fat and developing muscles. Asanas thus carry out continuously, connecting them with a single ligament. The result is training and even endurance. Power yoga for weight loss has a number of basic exercises:
- Rudrasena. Helps of cellulite. For this you need to put legs shoulder-width apart, feet diluted, and arms folded on his chest, then slowly Crouch to the corner at the knees 90 degrees.
- Cobra. For training the shoulders, spine, buttocks. Lie down on your stomach, then lean on the palm of your hand, pull away and hold your head back.
Exercises for beginners at home
If you are starting out, it is not necessary to perform complex exercises. There is a set of simple asanas that you can do even a beginner. You can choose yoga exercise for beginners below:
- pose of the mountain;
- The tree pose;
- downward dog;
- dog muzzle upward;
- Warrior pose I;
- Warrior pose II;
- the pose of an elongated triangle;
- the pose of the stick;
- the pose of the butterfly.
Effective for weight loss are not only strength exercises, but breathing. Such exercises is called Pranayama. Otherwise it sounds like the management of the breath, it helps enhance the fat burning process, improves the mood and raises the General tone of the body. For overweight people very effective pranayama Shitali. Such breathing exercises for weight loss are as follows:
- take a comfortable position, for example, Lotus;
- stick out from a rolled tongue;
- inhale slowly through the tube;
- next, draw the tongue back, close your mouth;
- to breathe his nose, uttering a sound like a howling wind;
- perform 3 to 5 cycles.
Even with the undoubted benefits of the class, they have a number of contraindications. If there are problems with the spine, you should consult a doctor, because some injuries or diseases perform the asanas impossible. Answering the question who can not do yoga, the following may be noted:
- inguinal hernia;
- a heart attack or stroke;
- recent surgery;
- flu and SARS.