The most effective diet for weight loss.
So start out with a low-carb diet...
1. A diet low in carbohydrates
Low-carb diet is an eating plan in which emphasis is placed on protein and fats and reduce carbs.
There are many different types of low-carbohydrate diets and studies show that they really work for weight loss and can even improve health.
Eliminate from your diet the following foods
- Sugar: soft drinks, fruit juices, candy, ice cream and all that.
- Porridge contains a lot of gluten: wheat, barley and rye. This includes products made from these grains: bread and pasta.
- TRANS fats:.
- Highly rich in omega-6 fats of vegetable oils: soybean, maize, rapeseed oil and so on.
- Artificial sweeteners: aspartame, saccharin, Sucralose, cyclamate and Acesulfame potassium. Use instead Stévia.
- Low-fat products: many dairy products, cereals, crackers, etc.
- Highly processed foods: all prepared not at home
Include the following foods in your diet
- Meat: lean beef, lamb, pork, chicken.
- Fish: salmon, trout, sardines, herring (wild fish are best).
- Eggs: buy eggs, they are rich in omega fats.
- Vegetables: spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and many others.
- Fruits: apples, oranges, pears, blueberries, strawberries (especially eat more than those that grow you have in the garden).
- Nuts and seeds: almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, etc.
- Dairy products: cheese, butter, cream, yogurt.
- Fats and oils: coconut oil , butter, lard, olive oil and fish oil cod liver.
If you need to lose weight, be careful with dairy products and nuts. Just they are easy to overeat, they are very high in calories.
Also don't eat too much fruit, you will saturate your body with fructose, which is deposited immediately in the form of subcutaneous fat.
Sometimes you can afford to eat a bit more carbs.
- Tubers: potatoes, sweet potatoes and others.
- Cereals without gluten: brown rice, oats, quinoa and others.
- Legumes: lentils, black beans, kidney beans (if you can tolerate them or to cook).
You can have them in moderation if you want:
- Dark chocolate: choose chocolate with a cocoa content of products from 70% and above.
- Wine: dry wines with no added sugar or carbs (you can homemade wine, if you know how to do).
Dark chocolate contains huge amounts of antioxidants, it will provide you with many useful properties.
Drink more water and other beverages:
The approximate menu for one day:
Following this plan you will get at least 50 grams of carbs a day and the right amount of protein.
- Breakfast: omelet with various vegetables, fried in olive or coconut oil.
- Lunch: Greek yoghurt with blueberries and handful of almonds.
- Dinner: chicken breast with greens.
Of course, at first glance of sorrow. And if you're hungry between meals can eat some of these foods: fruit, yoghurt, an egg or two hard-boiled, cleaned raw carrot, a stick of celery, handful of nuts, piece of cheese or dried meat.
2. The Mediterranean diet
Mediterranean diet based on traditional foods that people used in their diet in countries such as Italy and Greece in 1960.
Numerous studies have proven that the Mediterranean diet is one of the best diets for weight loss.
Avoid these unhealthy foods
Most likely all these products are similar to those we mentioned in the previous meal plan, but you should avoid them:
- sweets: soft drinks, candy, ice cream, sugar, and so on.
- peeled grains: white bread, pasta made from refined wheat, white rice and so on
- TRANS fats: found in margarine and similar processed foods.
- refined oils: soybean oil, rapeseed oil , cottonseed oil and others.
- processed meat: sausages, sausages, hot dogs, etc.
- Highly processed foods: low-fat or diet products that seem to be designed for weight loss.
Foods that you must include
You should base your diet on these healthy, unprocessed Mediterranean foods:
- vegetables: tomatoes, broccoli, cabbage, spinach, onions, cauliflower, carrots, Brussels sprouts, cucumbers, etc. Is basically the food that can grow in different latitudes.
- fruits: apples, bananas, oranges, pears, strawberries, grapes, dates, figs, melons, peaches, etc.
- nuts and seeds: almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and more.
- legumes: beans, peas, lentils, beans and so on.
- tubers: potatoes, sweet potatoes, turnips.
- grains: oats, brown rice, rye, barley, corn, buckwheat, whole wheat, whole grain bread and pasta from durum wheat.
- fish and seafood: Salmon, sardines, trout, tuna, mackerel, shrimp, oysters, mussels, crabs, certain species of freshwater fish that are available to you.
- poultry: chicken, duck, Turkey and much more.
- eggs: chicken, quail and duck eggs.
- dairy products: cheese, yogurt, Greek yogurt.
- herbs and spices: garlic, Basil, mint, rosemary, sage, nutmeg, cinnamon, pepper and whatever you like
- healthy fats: olive oil, olives, avocado and avocado oil.
Whole and natural foods and ingredients are key to good health and proper weight loss.
It is worth noting
Many of the above products do not belong to the Mediterranean diet. At least this is a controversial issue. Partly because there is a wide variety between the various countries of the region, and some were previously imported into Europe.
This diet, according to research, characterized by a high content of plant foods and fiber, but it contains few animal products.
Of course a big emphasis in this diet is fish and seafood. It is recommended to eat them at least twice a week. After all, fish oil prevents certain cancers, improves heart health, skin, hair.
In addition, if you want to lose weight faster, you should know that fish oil helps to burn your fat, while promoting the recruitment of muscle mass.
The Mediterranean lifestyle also includes regular physical activity.
Water should also be your drink №1. This diet also includes moderate amounts of red wine, around 1 glass a day.
However, wine is not a mandatory product. You should avoid those wines that have a lot of alcohol and sugar.
Coffee and tea are also acceptable in moderation. But avoid sugar sweetened drinks and fruit juices that contain a lot of sugar.
A sample meal plan for one day
This is a sample menu for one day. You can adjust the portions and food choices based on their own needs and preferences. If you are active and engaged, you should increase the portions.
Here's the menu:
- Breakfast: Greek yogurt with strawberries and oats (sesame seeds).
- Lunch: sandwich with grain vegetables.
- Lunch: Tuna and vegetable salad dressed with olive oil.
- A little fruit for dessert.
But, you can eat more than 3 times a day. And if you are hungry between meals snack. Use: a handful of nuts, fruit, carrots, some berries or grapes, Greek yogurt, Apple slices with almond or peanut butter.
3. Paleo diet
The paleo diet is based on the imitation of the food that kept our ancestors, hunters and gatherers. It includes whole, unprocessed foods that resemble those that they were then.
Some studies suggest that this diet can lead to significant weight loss and improvements in health. You don't have to count calories to lose weight, however, as in past power plans.
Yes, and if you compare it with those diets we talked about above, it is somewhat similar, but there are also significant differences.
Avoid these products
Avoid these foods and ingredients:
- Sugar and fructose: soft drinks, fruit juices, sugar, candy, pastry, ice cream and more.
- Grains: including pasta, wheat, rye, barley.
- Legumes: beans, lentils and others.
- Dairy products: avoid dairy low-fat products ( in some versions of the paleo diet you can even see the very fatty milk products such as butter and cheese).
- Vegetable oils: soybean oil, sunflower oil, cottonseed oil, corn oil, grape seed oil.
- TRANS fats: margarine and various processed foods. They are usually called "hydrogenated" or "partially hydrogenated".
- Artificial sweeteners: aspartame, Sucralose, cyclamate, saccharin, Acesulfame potassium. Use natural sweets instead of them.
- Highly Processed foods: all sorts of artificial substitutes for food.
It looks like something already familiar?
But, pay special attention to the fact that this nutrition plan for weight loss completely eliminates grains and legumes.
Foods you should eat
Your diet should be based on real, unprocessed foods:
- Meat products: beef, lamb, chicken, Turkey, pork and others.
- Fish and seafood: salmon, trout, shrimp, and shellfish you have caught, if possible.
- Vegetables: broccoli, cabbage, peppers, onions, carrots, tomatoes and so on.
- Fruits: apples, bananas, oranges, pears, avocados, strawberries, blueberries and more.
- Tubers: potatoes, sweet potatoes, turnips.
- Nuts and seeds: almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and others.
- Healthy fats and oils: Lard, coconut oil , olive oil, avocado oil.
- Salt and spices: sea salt, Himalayan salt, garlic, turmeric, rosemary and other
Try to choose organic food products of animal origin, who walked around the pasture and eat real natural food. If you find this problematic, then just make sure you are clear of processed foods.
Now there are several "versions" of the paleo diet. Many of them allow some modern foods that were not previously known and open science.
This is some meat products, but from animals grown at home. Allow some more butter and even some grains, such as rice.
It is also possible to enable dry wine and dark chocolate.
When it comes to drinking, water remains in the first place.
Sample paleo menu
This sample contains a balanced amount of all the paleo foods. Feel free to modify it according to their own preferences.
- Breakfast: eggs and vegetables, fried in coconut oil, fruits.
- Lunch: vegetable Salad with chicken, olive oil, a handful of nuts.
- Dinner: salmon steak fried in olive oil, vegetables and some hot sauce.
4. A gluten-free diet
Many experts believe that gluten is one of the strongest poisons these days.
In fact, the harmful effects of gluten are one of the main subjects of controversy among experts in the field of health. They prove that your health is highly dependent on consumption.
Fortunately, there are many healthy and delicious products that do not contain gluten.
The purpose of a gluten-free diet is the complete elimination of gluten from your diet.
However, this may be the main problem. Especially when you consider that gluten is present in various products.
In order to live without gluten, you need to start reading labels on everything you eat. You will have to make significant changes to your diet.
Products and ingredients to avoid
There are several products that always contain gluten and should be avoided:
- Wheat : all forms, including whole wheat, wheat flour, wheat germ, and wheat bran.
- Cakes, pies and pastries
- Cookies, crackers
- Sauces and gravies, especially soy sauce.
As for oats, it contains no gluten and is well tolerated by even people with celiac disease.
Also keep in mind that some supplements and medications can contain gluten.
Foods that need to eat
There are many healthy and nutritious foods that naturally do not contain gluten.
- Meat: chicken, beef, lamb, etc.
- Fish and seafood: salmon, trout, shrimp and other
- Dairy products: milk , cheese , yogurt.
- Vegetables: broccoli , cabbage , Brussels sprouts, carrots , onions and other
- Fruits: apples , avocados, bananas , oranges , pears, strawberries , blueberries, raspberries and other
- Legumes: lentils, beans, peanuts
- Nuts: almonds , walnuts, macadamia nuts
- Tubers: potatoes , sweet potatoes
- Healthy fats: olive oil , avocado, butter, coconut oil .
- Herbs, spices and seasonings: salt, garlic , pepper, vinegar, mustard, etc.
- Gluten free grains: quinoa, rice, corn, flax, millet, sorghum, buckwheat, oatmeal.
- Other: dark chocolate .
They are all gluten free.
Sample menu for one day
This is an example of one of the days, which you can easily follow. You can change it as you need it.
- Breakfast: scrambled eggs and vegetables with fruit.
- Lunch: salad of vegetables and chicken with olive oil and handful of nuts.
- Dinner: ground beef sauteed in vegetables with brown rice.
If you want to lose weight and you are concerned about, what are the most effective diet for weight loss then my advice is change the lifestyle and start your right nutrition plan.
The plan, which you can easily follow. Here's an overview of 4 really healthy diets that will help you not only to lose weight and this has been proved from the scientific point of view.
In the end, each of them will not only be faster to lose, but to improve the General state of your health.