According to experts, being overweight is a real global problem that affects a huge number of people. Many men and women dream of losing a few pounds, making the stomach flat and the hips elastic. To do this, use all kinds of diets.
How to lose weight - scientific approach
The first thing you need to start the process of losing weight is to find out the reasons for gaining excess weight. There are several of them:
- Infrequent meals: Skipping breakfast, lunch or dinner leads to excessive food intake throughout the day.
- An unbalanced diet, an abundance of simple carbohydrates.
- Eating for company, stress eating - all those cases when a person eats just like that, even if he does not feel hungry.
- Low level of awareness. Often people do not notice that they eat excessive amounts of food: eating in front of the TV, reading a book or newspaper at dinner, doing other things, etc.
- Passive lifestyle.
- Hormonal failure caused by age-related changes. Women over 40 are often affected during menopause.
These reasons are considered the most common. Excess weight due to heredity or any diseases is extremely rare - about 2% of patients.
Knowing the cause, a weight loss specialist can prescribe therapy. It includes:
- proper nutrition;
- work with a psychologist to change eating habits;
- moderate physical activity;
- if necessary, cosmetic and other procedures.
Each case is individual, therefore, the weight loss program is different for everyone. This is especially true of nutrition, since each person has his own desires and preferences. An important role is also played by the presence of allergies or individual intolerance. It is such a consistent and comprehensive approach that will not only allow you to lose a certain amount of extra pounds, but also save the result.
You should not believe in miracle cures, folk methods, various dietary supplements, pills - all these are dummies that are dangerous to health. Only hard work will help to make the stomach, buttocks and thighs taut.
Where should you start?
It is necessary to move to a new way of eating gradually, step by step. Then the changes will be perceived easily. Where to start?
- Step 1: Eliminate foods that do not carry nutritional value - "empty calories". This is primarily sweets, fast food, soda, pastries. Food should be light, nutritious, rich in nutrients.
- Step 2: Give up alcohol. It affects the central nervous system, in particular the areas responsible for appetite. That is why after a few drinks you want to eat.
- Step 3: adjust the water balance.
- Step 4: Eat on a schedule: about 5-6 meals a day every 3-4 hours.
- Step 5: See a psychologist for new eating habits. To lose weight and maintain the achieved result, you need to reconsider your life, acquire new, useful skills.
The tips seem so simple, but only at first glance. In life, overweight people face a huge number of problems. That is why it is important that the process of losing weight is supervised by experienced professionals.
Basic principles of nutrition for weight loss
As already mentioned, the key to competent weight loss is a change in diet. Proper nutrition can not only help you lose weight, but also improve the body, improve the functioning of all systems and internal organs. It is often prescribed to patients during the postoperative recovery period or in combination with drug treatment. Experts recommend adhering to the following rules:
- Be sure to have breakfast. The first meal is no less important than all subsequent ones. It helps to wake up, supplies the body with energy, energizes and positive for the whole day.
- Keep track of the amount of calories consumed, proteins, fats, carbohydrates. The easiest way to do this is in the mobile app. It is necessary to purchase a kitchen scale, since it can be difficult to determine the weight of a dish by eye.
- Do not skip dinner, eat 3-4 hours before going to bed. The last meal should be light, mostly protein. Ideal combination of low-fat meats, vegetables, dairy products.
- Try to drink 1. 5-2 liters of pure water per day. It is necessary for the body for normal functioning and functioning of internal organs.
- Cut out "empty" calories. These are foods and dishes that have no nutritional value: carbonated drinks, sugar, fast food, etc.
Losing weight on proper nutrition will be slow, but effective, because the body will not experience stress.
Is it possible to quickly lose weight at home?
You can lose weight quickly with a strict diet, or slowly with proper nutrition compiled by a nutritionist. Everyone wants to see results as soon as possible. But how safe are rigid diets for the body? On this issue, experts are unanimous. Such food is not recommended, even prohibited. There are several reasons for this:
- Physically hard to bear. A person experiences malaise, fatigue, a constant feeling of hunger.
- They have an impact on the psycho-emotional state. Anxiety, insomnia, apathy appear.
- Negatively affect the gastrointestinal tract. They can lead to the development of serious pathologies.
- The lack of nutrients, vitamins, minerals is displayed on the outside. Teeth, nails, hair, facial skin - everything suffers.
- Lost pounds quickly come back.
Fast diets are extremely dangerous for the body, can lead to serious consequences, health problems. Therefore, it is better to lose weight gradually, under the guidance of experienced weight loss specialists. And don't forget about exercise.
What should the menu include?
According to scientists, human health largely depends on nutrition. Heredity and environmental conditions affect only 20%, and medical care - 10%. To feel better and become healthier, it is recommended to include the following foods in your diet:
- fresh, seasonal vegetables, fruits, berries;
- cereals, in particular buckwheat, oatmeal, pearl barley, brown rice, quinoa;
- nuts, dried fruits;
- lean meats: chicken, rabbit, duck, lean pork, beef;
- Fish and seafood;
- dairy and sour-milk products;
- cold-pressed vegetable oil: linseed, olive, sesame, sunflower;
- green tea;
- bran or cereal bread.
Now on the Internet you can easily find and download for free a wide variety of diet recipes for proper nutrition, which are easy to implement at home. For almost all dishes there is a healthy and tasty alternative. If you wish, you can cook a healthy Olivier salad, Napoleon cake, curd cheese, gluten-free bread - the list is endless.
The toughest diet ever
There are a lot of hard short-term diets. All of them promise incredible results in a three-day or week period. For persuasiveness, photos from the "before and after" category, as well as reviews of those who have lost weight, are attached to the description of such nutrition systems.
But it is worth remembering that such diets are extremely dangerous for the body. Weight loss on them occurs due to the withdrawal of water and a decrease in muscle mass, and weight is restored in a matter of days after the end of the diet. But the damage done to health will have to be compensated for a very long time. The male body, which requires more calories and nutrients, can be especially seriously affected.
Consider a few of these hard diets.
Menu for 3 days
The most rigid diet is drinking, which implies an almost complete rejection of food for three days. She promises to burn fat from 3 to 5 kg. The menu is the following:
- Day one: a liter of kefir.
- Day two: a liter of fruit and vegetable juice.
- Day three: a liter of chicken or vegetable broth.
To sustain such a diet for more than three days is almost impossible. In addition, it can be deadly to the body. This diet is not recommended. At a minimum, you should first consult with a specialist.
The fastest diet
Fast diet is calculated, as a rule, for a week. Basically it is a mono-diet. That is, throughout the entire time it is necessary to eat the same product every day. That is, a person says: "I’m going on a diet, " and after that he completely refuses to eat, with the exception of one of some products. Fast diets are used in cases where you urgently need to lose weight. The most common options for mono-diets are as follows:
- cottage cheese;
Experts do not recommend following such diets. Lack of nutrients, vitamins and minerals can lead to a sharp deterioration in health, weakness, fainting.
Menu for the day
The menu for the day on strict diets is built simply. Consider the schedule using the rice diet as an example:
- 08: 00 - breakfast (100 grams of boiled rice);
- 11: 00 - snack (herbal tea);
- 14: 00 - lunch (100 grams of boiled rice);
- 17: 00 - lunch (300 grams of any raw vegetables);
- 19: 00 - dinner (a glass of kefir).
On such diets, the main thing is to monitor your well-being. If you experience any symptoms that are not characteristic of the body, immediately consult a specialist.
A light diet is designed for a month. Unlike the previous options, it is more gentle. The principle of its action is based on a strong reduction in the caloric content of the diet - up to 800 kcal.
Menu for 3 days
The menu might look like this:
|The first day||Two chicken eggs||Apple||Vegetable salad, small piece of fish||A glass of kefir|
|Second day||100 grams of cottage cheese||Orange||Baked vegetables, chicken fillet||A glass of kefir|
|Day Three||100 grams of boiled buckwheat||Pear||Mushroom soup||A glass of kefir|
This option is safer than the previous ones. However, experts do not recommend cutting calories below 1, 000 calories per day.
Express diets are usually used before important events. For example, New Year's Eve is in three days, and the new dress still does not fit. As in previous cases, nutrition is severely restricted. The calorie content of the diet is greatly reduced, as is the set of products.
Menu for 3 days
The menu is very limited. During the day you can eat the following:
- Day one: rye toast, half a grapefruit, a few boiled eggs, vegetable salad.
- Day two: oatmeal, a handful of berries, chicken broth, vegetable salad.
- Day three: boiled chicken breast, kefir, vegetable salad.
Also, mono-variants are used as express diets.
Fast diet to reduce the volume of the abdomen and sides
Another option that promises incredible results in a short time is an emergency diet to reduce the volume of the abdomen and sides. The menu on it might look like this:
- Breakfast: any porridge (up to 100 grams) or an omelet from two eggs.
- Lunch: baked fish or chicken, vegetable salad.
- Dinner: kefir, vegetables, seafood.
The duration of the diet is from 7 to 14 days, depending on the initial parameters.
All quick ways to reduce weight are ineffective. Lost pounds come back very quickly, and in even greater quantities. Therefore, do not experiment on your own health.
All effective ways to reduce weight without its subsequent return and harm to health are based on proper nutrition. Nutritionists advise pre-preparing a menu for a week or the next few days. So the person will know what and when he needs to eat.
In addition, it is recommended to prepare all meals in advance, take food with you to work or study. It is not always possible to find something useful in cafes or canteens, since such establishments are not adapted for people who adhere to the principles of a healthy diet.
Consider some interesting, healthy and tasty dishes that you can include in your diet.
This salad, due to the high content of vegetables, improves digestion, the work of the gastrointestinal tract. To prepare it you need:
- 250 g of white cabbage;
- 250 g of raw beets;
- 250 g carrots;
- lemon juice.
Chop the cabbage, grate the carrots and beets on a coarse grater. Mix all the ingredients, season with lemon juice to taste. This salad is ideal as a side dish for meat products or as an independent snack.
Muesli is a mixture of cereals, fruits, berries, dried fruits and nuts. The finished mixture can be found on store shelves. But it's better to cook it yourself:
- a glass of oatmeal;
- 100 grams of your favorite dried fruits: raisins, dried apricots, prunes;
- 20-30 grams of candied fruit;
- 20-30 grams of nuts: walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, sesame seeds;
- 50 grams of figs;
- 100 grams of honey;
- spices to taste (vanilla, cinnamon, coriander).
Divide the oatmeal evenly on a baking sheet and put in the oven for 5-10 minutes at a temperature of 180C. Combine them with pre-peeled nuts, dried fruits, candied fruits - muesli is ready. You can eat them with fat-free natural yogurt, milk or kefir.
Soup with broccoli, chicken and eggs
A good lunch option is soup with broccoli, chicken and eggs. It will provide a feeling of satiety for a long time, while supplying the body with the necessary nutrients.
Step by step instructions for making soup:
- Cut 250 grams of chicken fillet into small cubes, cook for 20-30 minutes over low heat in a liter of water.
- Wash 500 grams of broccoli, divide into inflorescences, add to the broth. Cook until soft.
- In a separate bowl, beat two eggs, pour into boiling broth and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
At the end of cooking, you can add a little salt, ground black pepper, and sprinkle with low-fat cheese.
A light dinner option is onion soup. For a classic recipe you need:
- onion - 1 kg;
- a small piece of butter (5-10 g);
- chicken broth - 1 liter;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
Finely chop the onion. Heat a deep frying pan with thick walls, melt a little butter on the bottom, add onion to it. Reduce the heat and sauté it for 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly so that it does not burn. Add onion to broth.
The soup can be served with whole grain bread or toasted bread. You can also sprinkle it with low-calorie cheese and herbs.
lazy cabbage rolls
To prepare diet lazy cabbage rolls, you will need:
- minced chicken - 500-600 g;
- brown rice - 4 tbsp. l. ;
- one small onion;
- one small carrot;
- one egg;
- cabbage - 1 kg;
- 2-3 tomatoes or tomato paste;
Baked pollock fish
Baked pollock is a light but tasty dish that is ideal not only for an ordinary dinner, but also for a festive table. This dish goes well with vegetables: you can make a salad or stew them. For cooking you will need:
- one or two small fish or pollock fillets;
- Provence herbs or spices for fish;
- lemon juice;
- salt, black ground pepper to taste;
Peel the fish, rinse with cool water, spread on a baking sheet on foil or special parchment for baking. Sprinkle lemon juice on top, sprinkle with herbs and spices. Cut the onion into rings, put on top of the slices. Put the dish to bake in the oven preheated to 180C for 20-30 minutes.
Salad with squid
The main advantage of seafood is its high protein content with a relatively low calorie content. The dishes from them are very tasty, they are suitable for both lunch and dinner. Consider the recipe for squid salad:
- 150 g squid;
- two eggs;
- a tablespoon of olive oil;
- lettuce or other greens for decoration;
- sea salt;
- ground black pepper.
Boil the squids and cool. Eggs and cucumber cut into small slices, combine with squid. Add oil, salt, spices, garnish with herbs - the salad is ready.
Diet chocolate jelly
Diet is not a sentence. Do not consider this period as a time of deprivation. After all, you can always cook delicious desserts, but with a low calorie content. A good option, so loved by many girls, is chocolate jelly. To prepare one serving you need:
- 250 ml of milk;
- 75 grams of dark chocolate;
- 1 st. l. thickener - agar-agar;
- 35 g of sugar substitute;
- 3 art. l. water;
- spices to taste: vanillin or cinnamon.
Agar-agar pour three tablespoons of water and leave to swell. Melt the chocolate in a water bath, mix with milk, sweetener and thickener. Leave overnight in the refrigerator until completely solidified. You can decorate with fresh berries, such as raspberries or strawberries, as well as a mint leaf.
Kefir with cinnamon
Kefir with cinnamon is a rather specific combination, however, many find it interesting and tasty. In addition, such a drink will favorably affect the state of the gastrointestinal tract, relieve constipation, flatulence. To prepare it, you need to mix only two ingredients:
- a glass of fat-free kefir (250 ml);
- half a teaspoon of cinnamon.
It is recommended to drink it before going to bed. But you should be careful: cinnamon can cause allergies, so this drink is prohibited for people with individual intolerance to this spice.
Turkey cutlets with onions
Another option for a hearty yet light dinner is turkey cutlets. To prepare them you will need:
- 500 grams of turkey fillet;
- one small onion;
- one egg;
- salt, black ground pepper;
- greenery for decoration.
Cut the turkey fillet into very small pieces. Chop onion, mix with meat. Add the egg to the resulting mixture, form small cutlets. Send them to an oven preheated to 180C for half an hour or grill them without adding vegetable oil.
In order to really lose weight, you don’t need to starve or torture yourself with diets, dubious drugs and procedures. Weight loss should bring joy, relieve health problems, self-doubt and self-doubt - this is the whole secret of success.
Starting the process of losing weight, it is necessary to take into account many individual factors. First of all, the state of health. Diets that are still somehow suitable for young girls who do not have any diseases are simply contraindicated for older women. In addition, not everyone can force themselves to go on a diet, and completely endure it from start to finish. And after failures, it is very difficult to return to the process of losing weight. Often people who have sat down on a strict diet, and who have not survived it, generally refuse the idea of losing excess weight.